This easy 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie recipe makes delicious, flourless peanut butter cookies filled with a milk chocolate Hershey’s Kisses chocolate.
Bonus, this recipe is gluten-free and perfect for sharing with all your family members this Christmas.
It’s cookie season, and there’s no Christmas Cookie Platter without peanut butter cookies! These 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies are the easiest cookies ever to celebrate.
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
Let me show you how to make delicious flourless peanut butter cookies with only 3 ingredients. Well, 4 ingredients if we count the little piece of chocolate you add in the center to make a Hershey’s peanut butter blossom cookie recipe.
All you need to make these flourless peanut butter cookies are three ingredients:
- Peanut butter – I used natural peanut butter with no added oil and no added sugar. Avoid peanut butter spread that contains vegetable oil and sugar.
- Soft brown sugar – that’s the best sweetener for a buttery, crunchy peanut butter cookie. Of course, you can also use white sugar, brown sugar, or even coconut sugar. But I found the texture perfect with soft brown sugar, it contains much moisture, and the peanut butter cookies have a better crumbly texture, similar to shortbread.
- Egg – you can use a large egg or a flax egg for a vegan peanut butter cookie recipe.
Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate
Then, to make peanut butter blossom cookies, you need to add a Hershey’s Kisses chocolate in the middle of your cookies. By the way, this post is by no means sponsored by Hershey’s. We just like to put them in this specific recipe.
Note that Hershey kisses are not dairy-free. Another option if you want to keep the recipe dairy-free is to use a chunk of dark chocolate.
There’s a range of Hershey’s chocolates you can choose from, including the three flavors below that go very well with these gluten-free peanut butter cookies.
- Hershey’s Candy Cane
- Hershey’s Cookie and Cream
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate
- Hershey’s Mint Truffles
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Slightly oil the paper with oil spray or coconut oil. Set it aside.
Combining All Ingredients
To make the peanut butter cookie batter, stir the natural drippy peanut butter with the egg and sugar until the batter comes together into a bowl.
Scoop about 1/2 tablespoon of cookie dough, roll in your hands and place each ball on the prepared baking sheet.
Leave about half thumb space between each cookie ball – the cookie expand a little bit in the oven, so it’s better to space up the cookie dough balls.
Repeat these steps until all the cookie dough is shaped into balls. With this recipe, I shaped 12 gluten-free peanut butter blossom cookies.
Pressing The Chocolate
Now, use your hand to slightly flatten each cookie dough ball into a flat disc.
Finally, use a still wrapped Hershey’s Kiss and press its base into the center of the cookie to leave a round mark. That’s where you will add the unwrapped chocolate after baking the peanut butter cookies.
Bake the cookies, without any chocolate in the center, for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool them down on the cookie rack for 10 minutes, then gently transfer to a wire rack to fully cool down the cookies.
Adding The Hershey’s Chocolate
Now, unwrap the Hershey’s chocolate kisses and place one on each cookie, where you designed a mark.
Cool the cookies down for 30 minutes or until they reach room temperature.
These easy peanut butter blossom cookies store up to 1 week in the fridge or a few days in an airtight cookie jar at room temperature.
More holiday recipes
Have you made these 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms? Share a comment or review below to connect with me!
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg or 1 flax egg if egg free
- 12 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses
Optional - to roll cookie dough balls
- ¼ cup Soft Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Slightly oil the paper with coconut oil. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and sugar, then stir in runny peanut butter until a cookie dough forms. The dough should come together into a dough ball. See my picture above for visual help.
- Form 12 cookie dough balls of about 1 inch. Roll each ball into brown sugar (optional) then place them onto the prepared cookie sheet leaving half a thumb of space between each.
- Slightly press the ball with your hand palm to flatten the ball into a thick disc, then press the base of a Hershey's Chocolate in the center of the cookie to make a mark as wide as the base of a Hershey's Kiss chocolate.
- Bake in the center rack for 10-15 minutes until golden brown on the sides.
- Cool them down for 10 minutes on the cookie rack, then transfer the cookies on a cooling rack and place one Hershey's Chocolate Kiss in the center of each peanut butter cookie, where you had made a mark.
- Store up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge.