Have fun with these 5 Toilet Paper Roll Halloween Crafts Ideas to decorate your house this Halloween, and have a fun crafty morning.
Toilet paper roll crafts are one of our favorite craft for kids. It reuses empty toilet paper rolls, and it’s an easy and engaging crafting activity for kids of any age.
You don’t need special drawing, cutting, or gluing skills to play with toilet paper tubes. Let me share with you the 3 steps we followed to make these beautiful Halloween decorations.
How to make Halloween crafts with toilet paper roll?
As I said, it is a super easy crafting activity from 2 years of age.
1. Pick Halloween Characters
First, pick some Halloween characters that your kids love. Depending on their age, they will be more or less open to craft spooky things. My kids are 4 and 8 and pretty happy to make scary Halloween toilet paper roll characters.
Below are some ideas. We picked five of them:
- Bat/ Vampires – my daughter loves the Transylvania movie, so we used it as inspiration for the colors.
- Tombs – not my favorite, but at 8 years of age, it seems pretty cool to make this spooky one.
2. Coloring The Rolls
Now, start by giving some color to each toilet paper roll.
- Black painted – that’s what we did for the toilet paper roll mummies.
- White painted – for the tomb.
- Covered with colored paper – our favorite! The color really pops out for the orange roll monsters and the toilet paper roll bat!
If you choose to paint the roll, use any paint, let it dry and apply two layers if the color you used is light. The color pops out better after two layers.
For the colored paper, simply use the roll height as a guide to cut out the piece of paper. Then, staple on the back as seen below.
3 – Decorating
There are many ways you can decorate these easy Halloween decorations for kids. You can use:
- Googly eyes or make yours like seen on our monster. Here we cut a circle of white and black paper that kids glued together. Use the same technique for the monster’s mouth and teeth.
- Pipe cleaners – for the pumpkin stem.
- Pencils – simply use a black permanent marker to draw or write on the roll.
- Band-aid paper tape.
To sum up, the material needed to make these toilet paper roll Halloween ideas are:
- Empty toilet paper rolls or cardboard tube
- Colored paper or paint
- Permanent marker
- Optional fun crafty stuff like googly eyes, pom-poms, pipe cleaners, felt.
Have you made these Halloween crafts made with toilet paper rolls? Share a comment below to tell me what you made, or join me on Instagram to share a pic of your creation with me!
More Halloween kids Activities
Toilet Paper Roll Halloween Crafts
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Colored paper
- Googly eyes
- 4 Toilet Paper Rolls
- 1 Water Paint and paintbrushes
- 2 Colored Paper
- 2 Googly Eyes
- Pick the Halloween character you want to design.
- Color the roll with paint or staple a piece of colored paper around the roll - see my pics above in this post for visual guidance. If you paint, you may have to add two layers, especially for lighter colors.
- Decorate by cutting out shapes of colored paper - like for our black bat, and use the stapler to hold it onto the roll.
- Glue some googly eyes or round shapes of white and black paper to make your own eyes.