This creamy 2-Ingredient Sour Cream Dip is your future favorite dip for crunchy vegetables and potato chips.
Bonus, this dip is ready in less than 5 minutes so it’s perfect as a last-minute game night or birthday party dip.
What’s A Sour Cream Dip?
A 2-Ingredient Sour Cream Dip is a simple appetizer dip made with sour cream and ranch dressing.
It’s a great alternative to a French Onion Dip or Hummus for a party platter or a summer picnic at the beach.
How To Make 2-Ingredient Sour Cream Dip
Making this dip is incredibly simple. It only takes two ingredients you have in your pantry and a couple of minutes of prep time.
You only need very simple ingredients to make this dip:
- Sour Cream: I’ve made this recipe with organic sour cream, but it also works with dairy-free sour cream alternatives made from coconut milk, cashew milk, or almond milk. The recipe works best with full-fat sour cream, but you can still use a low-fat version.
- Ranch Dressing: my favorite brand of ranch dressing is egg-free and relatively low in carbs. If you have specific dietary requirements, read the section below as there are ways of finding the dressing that matches all your needs.
This recipe is super easy to turn into any dip you like. Here are a few options.
- Chives and Parsley: for the traditional chive dip taste.
- Paprika: or any other spices for a bit more zing.
- Onion Flakes: or onion powder and garlic powder to transform this simple dip into a French onion dip.
- Dried Italian Herbs
Combine the sour cream and ranch dressing in a large mixing bowl. Mix the dip with a silicone spatula.
When the mixture is well combined, add the optional ingredients of your choice and stir until they are incorporated.
Transfer the 2-ingredient sour cream dip to a sealable mason jar.
Keep your 2-ingredient dip in the fridge to chill for 20 to 30 minutes before serving to give the flavors time to settle.
This two Ingredient dip is a very versatile recipe. You can use it with any veggies or crisps:
- Carrots Sticks
- Cucumber Sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Potato Chips
- Tortilla Chips
But it can also be used as a sauce for a veggie sandwich or as a spread on toasted bread.
One of my favorite way of using it is to fill an air-fryer baked potato. The combination of fresh dip and hot potato is delicious.
Each 1-once serving of this 2-ingredient sour cream dip brings:
- 7 grams of fat
- 2 grams of carbohydrates
- 1 gram of protein
- 72 calories
It also contains some potassium, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and Iron.
This easy Sour Cream Dip can be stored for 5 to 10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
I don’t recommend freezing it though.
Since it’s made with dairy products, it’s recommended to not leave it out of the fridge or a cooler bag for more than one hour.
This 2-Ingredient Sour Cream Dip is naturally:
But if you have other allergies or dietary requirements, you can adapt the recipe!
To make this recipe dairy-free, use a plant-based sour cream instead of a classic dairy version.
You will also need to pick a dairy-free Ranch Dressing. Ranch Dressing is traditionally made with buttermilk or cream. Luckily, there are many dairy-free options available.
Sour Cream is quite low in carbohydrates, but Ranch Dressings can often contain added sugar. If you are counting your carbs, opt for a keto-friendly ranch dressing, or make your own low-carb ranch dressing!
This recipe should be egg-free, as long as you pick an egg-free dressing. There are several brands of Ranch Dressing that add eggs to the ingredients, so if you have egg allergies, check the nutrition label.
To make this sour cream dip recipe vegan, swap the sour cream for a plant-based alternative and the ranch dressing for a dairy-free and egg-free one.
2-Ingredient Sour Cream Dip
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Ranch Dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons Fresh Dill
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a bowl, stir ranch dressing and sour cream together until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust with salt, pepper, and optional spices if desired.
- Serve in a bowl with crunchy raw vegetables on sides or potato chips.