This 3-Ingredient Pizza Dough is the easiest high-protein pizza dough you will ever try.
It’s a yeast-free dough for busy pizza nights.
My kids love pizza, and when we don’t make pita bread pizza, we like preparing quick and easy pizza dough.
This 3-ingredient yogurt pizza dough is one of our favorite dinners. It’s soft, puffs well, and is so much healthier because it’s:
- Packed with protein and calcium
How To Make 3-Ingredient Pizza Dough
It’s much easier to make this recipe in a stand mixer, but if you don’t have one, you can knead the dough in a mixing bowl.
The secret ingredients in this crust are:
- All-Purpose Flour or white spelt – This recipe hasn’t been tested with gluten-free all-purpose flour, so I am not sure how it will come out.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – Full-fat for best texture.
- Baking Powder
Kneading The Dough
In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add all the ingredients. Using a dough hook or a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients on low speed or speed 3 of a KitchenAid.
Mix until the dough comes together and there’s no more flour left. All the ingredients are combined into a dough ball.
If you use a wooden spoon, you will have to knead by hand. Lightly flour your hands to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers.
It takes about 2 minutes in the stand mixer or 3 to 4 minutes if you knead with your hands.
The dough will be thicker and whiter than regular pizza dough, and that’s normal. It shouldn’t be sticky or too wet. If so, add more flour.
Oil another large bowl and place the formed ball in the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it aside for 30 minutes. This step makes the dough softer and easier to roll.
Lightly flour a work surface with all-purpose flour and add the dough in front of you.
Sprinkle more flour on top of the dough ball and start rolling.
Roll the dough as you would roll any homemade pizza dough. I made a large 10-inch pizza crust with this recipe.
Preheat the oven to pizza mode at 430°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper and place the rolled pizza dough onto it.
Adding Topping And Baking
Add your favorite pizza sauce and toppings. Our favorite pizza toppings are:
- Slices mushrooms
Bake the pizza in the center rack of the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown on the edges. It takes 15 to 17 minutes.
If you are allergic to some of the ingredients, you can try some of the following substitutions:
- Dairy-Free – Any non-dairy plain yogurt, like soy yogurt or coconut yogurt, works.
- Gluten-Free – I didn’t try gluten-free all-purpose flour, but I am pretty sure it should work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find below my answers to your common questions about this pizza dough recipe.
Can I Flavor The Dough?
Yes, I highly recommend adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Can I Freeze The Dough?
This easy pizza dough is better the day you make it. I don’t recommend freezing the unbaked dough.
Have you tried this easy pizza dough recipe? Share a comment or review below.
3-Ingredient Pizza Dough
- 1 ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder, if used, and plain Greek yogurt.
- Use a wooden spoon or the dough hook attachment of a stand mixer to mix and combine all ingredients together.
- The dough becomes tough and hard. If using a spoon, transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead with lightly floured hands until it forms a dough ball.
- If too dry, add a splash of water. If too wet, add a bit more flour. The dough should form a ball and be tougher than regular dough.
- Oil a large bowl, add the dough ball to the bowl and film the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil the paper with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- Slightly oil a work surface with flour, add pizza dough, and roll with a rolling pin into a 10-inch pizza. Transfer the rolled pizza dough to the baking sheet prepared before.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings you love and bake for 15-17 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pizza crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
- Freeze leftover cooked pizza in airtight bags and rewarm frozen in a warm oven until hot.