This Oreo Mug Cake 3 ingredients recipe is a super easy 3-ingredient mug cake made with Oreo.
Plus, this popular Tiktok mug cake recipe is also dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
If you have school-aged kids, chances are they love Tiktok food trends.
Today, we tested the viral 3-Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake recipe.
We usually like to bake our Oreo muffins when we crave some Oreo baked goods, but this Oreo mug cake was surprisingly good and much faster to make.
Even if it’s not as healthy as my previous mug cake recipe, like my 3-ingredient mug cake, this one is fun and a great way to build kitchen skills.
The kids learn how to use the food processor, microwave, and mix ingredients carefully to make their own food.
So let’s see how you can turn Oreos into a cake with this mini Oreo cake recipe.
What’s A 3-Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake?
Oreo mug is an easy dessert, a single-serve cake baked in the microwave.
It tastes like Oreo cream, and it is made from only three ingredients: oreo cookies, milk, and baking powder.
How To Make Oreo Mug Cake With 3 Ingredients
There’s nothing easier than this mug cake recipe.
All you need are:
- Oreo – any Oreo flavors you like work.
- Milk of Choice – We used soy milk, but almond milk or regular milk will do.
- Baking Powder
Step 1: Crush The Oreos
The tricky part of this mug cake with Oreos is to turn the Oreo cookies into a fine crumb.
It should resemble a fine crumb. The best way to do that is to place the Oreo in a food processor or coffee grinder and pulse for 1 minute at high speed.
Of course, if you don’t have a food processor, you can also crunch Oreo with a mortar and pillar.
Another option is to place the Oreos in a zip-lock bag and bang them with a rolling pin.
However, the last two options take quite a while to achieve a fine Oreo flour-like texture.
So I recommend the food processor option if you have one.
Step 2: Stirring All Ingredients
Now, stir in the remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe mug: baking powder and milk of choice.
This Oreo mug batter won’t raise much, so it actually looks cuter in a small ramekin.
You can optionally stir in chocolate chips for extra chocolate flavors!
Step 3: Microwaving
Microwave the Oreo cake for 60 to 90 seconds on high 900W.
The cooking time varies depending on the size of the mug and your desired texture.
You can start with 60 seconds and microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time until the cake is set on top, still a bit moist in the middle, but not too runny.
You can also stop microwaving earlier for a lava mug cake!
Since it’s just oreo and milk, it’s totally safe to eat this mug cake slightly undercooked if you love its texture more.
Step 4: Cooling
Like for any mug cake recipe, it’s recommended to wait for one minute before digging into it.
It gives the mug cake time to steam out and get all its texture.
This Tiktok Oreo mug cake is already pretty sweet and decadent, but feel free to add some of the below toppings for extra decadence:
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
- Peanut butter
- Pinch of sea salt to enhance the chocolate flavor
Below are some ideas to swap ingredients in the recipe if you have some allergies to the one listed below.
- Gluten-Free – Regular Oreos contain wheat, but the Double-Stuffed Oreos exist in a gluten-free version. Also, make sure you are using gluten-free baking powder or swap for 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Dairy-Free – any plant-based milk works in this recipe to make a vegan Oreo mug cake. I recommend coconut milk, soy milk, or oat milk for the best texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to your most frequent questions about this Oreo mug cake.
Can I Bake The Oreo Mug Cake In The Oven?
Yes, place all the ingredients in an oven-proof small ramekin and bake for about 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 350°F (180°C).
Can I Air Fry Oreo Mug cake?
Yes, air fry the mug cake at 325°F (160°C) for 10 to 12 minutes in an oven-safe ramekin.
Did you try this super easy Oreo Microwave Mug Cake with 3 ingredients? Share a comment or review below.
Oreo Mug Cake With 3 Ingredients
- 4 regular Oreos any flavor you like
- 3 tablespoons Milk any milk work like almond milk
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Place the Oreos in a food processor or coffee grinder and blend into a fine crumb.
- Pour the Oreo crumb into a mixing bowl with baking powder and milk and stir to form a consistent batter.
- Transfer the batter to a small microwave-safe ramekin or coffee mug.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. The cooking time varies depending on the texture you want to achieve, the size of the mug, and your microwave's power. Start with 60 seconds and return to the microwave in 10-second bursts until cooked in the center.
- Cool down for 1 minute in the mug before eating.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or more Oreos if you like.